Elizabeth Z. Stanley is a 2020 graduate of USD Knudson School of Law. Prior to law school she worked with various firms in Iowa as a paralegal and found her passion in family and juvenile law.
Elizabeth is passionate about the families she serves. As a child, she was adjudicated a child in need of assistance and placed in various treatment facilities and foster homes. As an adult, she and her husband, Todd Stanley, opened their home to children and families in Siouxland by becoming licensed foster parents. She is passionate about parental rights and has worked with many parents guiding them through the juvenile system. As a licensed attorney, it is her goal to continue that guidance and provide exceptional representation in the courtroom.
Elizabeth strongly believes that family law is the most important practice area for our communities. Educating and empowering families to make the best decisions for their lifestyles results in happier and more affordable legal resolutions.
- State of Iowa – 2021
- State of South Dakota – 2021
- Winnebago Tribal Court – 2022
- J.D. – University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law, 2020
- B.S. in Political Science & Sociology- Buena Vista University, 2002
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges: Associate Member
- National Association of Counsel for Children
- Iowa State Bar Association- Family and Juvenile Law Section Member
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Woodbury County Bar Association
- SafePlace Board Member – Strategic Planning Committee
“As a family law attorney, I believe the best resolutions are made by the parties, not by the court.”~Elizabeth Z. Stanley